Physical coaching or Pen-drive classes…..which of these are the best for preparing for a professional course like CA?
It is indeed one of the most common questions among all the CA aspirants and in this article, we will try to find its answer by analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of both options.
Advantages and disadvantages of joining a physical coaching class
- Familiarity: some habits die hard. Since our childhood, we are used to being taught in a classroom setting. We are programmed to learn in that setting. Therefore, because of a familiar setting, our body and mind grasp things better in a traditional classroom
- Instant doubt solving: Since the instructor is available at your disposal, you can get all your doubts cleared easily and in real-time.
- Companionship: Aristotle the legendary Greek philosopher said, “Man is by nature a ‘social animal’. No man can break the shackles of mutual dependence. And consequently, many of us learn best in a collaborative environment. At coaching centers, you can make friends and study together in a group.
- Discipline: since these classes are scheduled at fixed times, they automatically instill a sense of disciple in your study.
- Expensive and Time Consuming: A major disadvantage of online coaching classes is that they are very expensive as well as time consuming. A lot of money and time is spent on reaching the coaching centre especially if you live far away from it.
- Cannot modify the pace: If you are a fast learner, you might find your instructor’s pace a bit slow. Conversely, it may be the case that the pace might be too fast for you in places. You have to work at the speed of the class. You have to work at the speed of the class.
- Rigid Schedule: Human life is full of uncertainties. It is very difficult to predict what may happen in our life next moment. Since the classes are pre-scheduled, if you miss your class, can't get it back. This is almost impossible. Therefore, there is always a chance of missing lectures in physical classes.
- Limited interaction with tutor: If your class size is large or you are a shy kid, you might not always be able to have good interaction with your instructors.
- Available only at limited locations: good coaching centers are available only at some selected cities. The students from small towns have to shift to the big town to attend coaching which increases the financial burden on them.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Pen-drive Courses
Pen drive classes are essentially course material sold on pen drives. Numerous pen drive courses such as CA final IDT Pendrive classes, CA final Direct Tax Pendrive classes available for CA aspirants to choose from.
- Flexibility: The best thing about taking pendrive classes is the flexibility. You can watch a particular lesson as many times as you think you need to in a bid to understand what is being taught. Also you can schedule your class as per your convenience.
- Learn at your own pace: Everyone learns at a different pace. In CA pendrive classes, the entire course is provided beforehand, students learn it by taking their own time. Students can clarify their doubts by live chats or forums as well.
- No travel costs:You will save both time and money on travelling to and fro from coaching centers.
- Enhanced learning experience:Pen drive classes can combine the latest in technology to provide you an enhanced learning experience
- Need to be self-motivated to study: this can be taken both as an advantage or disadvantage. If you are not used being self-motivated and require an external motivation to study, you might find it difficult at initial stage to adapt to it.
- Little or no access to instructors: You are limited to the course material on the pen drive. If you have any doubts about it, you may not always be able to reach out to the relevant instructors
- Limited peer learning:You cannot take as much advantage of peer learning as compared with offline coaching centers
- Outdated content: Content may become outdated whenever the syllabus gets updated (happens quite often in professional courses, especially the ones dealing with the law).
Which is better?
The correct answer to this question differs from person to person and final choice remains with the student. But, choosing Pendrive classes for CA is more advantageous compared to Physical classroom as if provides more flexibility and is less expensive, both in terms of money as well as time.